A business may need funds in order to expand or strengthen its position in the marketplace, and a business loan often provides the ideal solution to this. The problem is, however, that a business loan is a long-term commitment, and a lot of things can happen before the business is able to pay off the loan. That’s where business loans insurance comes in: it helps you deal with unexpected events and ensures that your business can go on when things go wrong – as things sometimes do.
A business owner or manager who takes on a loan may be hesitant to take on insurance – after all, why spend more money whilst incurring debt? – but the advantages of getting a business loan insurance are truly worth the security it brings. Here’s everything you need to know about business loan insurance – also known as loan repayment insurance – and its benefits.
What exactly is business loan insurance?
In essence, it’s a financial plan that makes sure the future of the business is safe when it takes on a loan; it’s an arrangement that ensures the loan will be settled in case of an unfortunate event that leaves the business owner or the key partner incapacitated due to death, illness, or accident.
Who needs it?
It’s a straightforward question, and it deserves a straightforward answer: any business which accepts a business loan will benefit from a business loan insurance. There are no exceptions; nobody can predict the future, and as ill-fated as an accident or other form of misfortune is, it does happen. A business which wants to minimise its risk and ensure its survival needs to get a business loan insurance.
The business loan insurance coverage generally falls into three categories:
- Life insurance protection
- Accidental dismemberment insurance protection
- Disability insurance protection
The major benefits
The benefits are plentiful; here are the major ones:
- Protection against the risk a business naturally faces when taking on a loan
- Assistance of financial aid in emergency cases
- Availability of funds to pay to the lender in case of unfortunate incidents
- Maintenance and support for family members and others in case of economic needs.
Your business is too important not to be protected. The key to success is not just to exploit opportunities that are available, but also to minimise risk as much as possible – and since taking on a loan means taking on a risk, it makes perfect sense to get insurance for this; it’s a smart move to ensure that your business is protected whilst it takes on debt. It’s a way to make sure you can plan for the future and sleep comfortably at night, knowing everyone is safe.
Image attributed to Pixabay.com
Latest posts by Katie (see all)
- Everything You Need to Know about Business Loan Insurance and its Benefits - November 13, 2017
- Improve your Credit Rating in 9 Easy Steps! - November 12, 2017
- It’s Unfair to Brand Mortgage Brokers as Liars - September 15, 2017